Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique (QHHT)
Dolores Cannon's method of hypnosis, Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique (QHHT), involves inducing an individual into the Somnambulistic state of trance through visualization. A state which under ordinary circumstances is experienced only twice daily: the moment just before you become consciously awake and the moment just before you fall asleep. Historically, hypnotists have avoided conducting research with subjects in this state because of the often strange and inexplicable results that are recorded. Dolores Cannon begun her research of lost knowledge and reincarnation in the late 1960's by developing QHHT for past life regression sessions with her subjects.
Not one to be limited by this disciplinary stigma, it was working with clients specifically in the Somnambulistic state and exploring the possibilities that led Dolores to discover that any individual can gain access to experiences of Past Lives they have lived. It was also exploring with clients in this state that she discovered an infinitely knowledgeable and powerful aspect of each individual that can be contacted and communicated with. This part of ourselves, as Dolores had learned, is always present with us and exists just below the surface of our conscious mind, so she appropriately chose to label it The Subconscious. The Subconscious is what gave her and practitioners of her QHHT technique access to past lives and performs instantaneous healings when appropriate. Over her 45-year career, her technique has proven to be effective on thousands of people all over the world regardless of their Age, Gender, Personality, Physical Symptoms, Religious Beliefs or Cultural Backgrounds. Supplementing the vast body of work Dolores had produced, the results experienced by QHHT Practitioners, students of Dolores who have learned her technique and practice it with their own clients, conclusively support the finding that we have all lived multiple Other Lives and we all have a Subconscious which contains the answers to any question we may have about ourselves or the life we are living.
Please e-mail me at Mitch@MitchHoover.com to set up an appointment. All sessions are currently held in Central Florida.
How to Prepare for Your Session
Write a list of questions to bring with you, we will go over these in depth during your session.
Get a good nights sleep the night before and pay attention to your dreams and daydreams. These may have useful information for you during your session. No alcohol or recreational drugs for 24 hours prior to the session. Drink coffee in the am if you are used to doing so, but no more than one cup as it is a stimulant and will interfere with the hypnosis state. If possible take a walk in nature or other relaxing activity prior to the session. Bring a list of questions you have as well as your health questions. And remember, all is well, you're session will go along brilliantly!
Nine ways to Prepare for a Quantum Healing or QHHT Session
1. Intentions matter. A lot. What is your intention for having a session? It might be helpful to get out pen and paper for this one. There are a lot of reasons one might seek a session and understanding exactly why you are booking a session is helpful to you and to your practitioner as well. Some common reasons people have sessions are as follows.
- Health- To learn or understand the energetic root cause of specific health challenges and to endeavor to resolve them.
- Relationships- To understand life long patterns with multiple people or dynamics of specific individual relationships to encourage more peace and harmony
- Life Path- Usually related to work and employment, many people simply have the job they do to meet other’s expectations, pay bills and are often exhausted and miserable or bored. There may be other options for you out there!
- Spiritual Origins and Goals- What is your galactic history, what is your star ancestry, what other incarnations have you experienced and how are they affecting the spiritual path you are on now? Do you have aspects of yourself you can integrate to assist in your current life?
2. Connection to the higher aspect of your being. Begin to say to yourself, both out loud and inside your own mind, “I have clear and direct communication with my Higher Self. (Or Divine Aspect, Soul Self or whatever term resonates with you.) Understanding that this expanded presence is within you and not external to you, will allow the communication to flow more freely in your session.
3. Drink water. Surprised? Don’t be. Water equals consciousness! You can think of your body as a type of battery that if well maintained can facilitate a strong connection to and communication with other realms. Hydrate. Start now and drink water before and also during your session. Do not worry a bit about needing to use the restroom. FLOW is a good thing! Drink in your intentions, release all that does not serve you. You can begin with your very next glass of water.
4. Prepare a list of direct questions/concerns to ask during your session. A common number of issues/questions is usually around 7-10. Usually, if someone brings dozens of questions in, they tend to be the same questions that are simply asked in different ways. Get that pen and paper out and start by writing down as many questions as you have and then look to see how they relate to each other and how you can condense them. It is often more satisfying to get very complete answers to fewer questions than quick or short answers to many questions. Also expect your questions to change. They often do after you make your first list. Some of the answers can even come to you before your session! Yup. This is the way it works!
5. Expectations. Leave them at the door. I can tell clients all day long not to expect any specifics about their sessions, but almost no one is able to do this completely. Still it is helpful to leave as many expectations at the door as possible. Every session is as unique as the individual who has one. You can read books or watch videos all day long but your session will unfold in your own consciousness in your own way and will more beautifully do so if you don’t expect certain things to happen or not happen.
One very important aspect to keep in mind is that almost everyone brings all or a part of their everyday conscious mind along for the experience. Having a Quantum Healing session is not like having anesthesia. You will likely be aware of your experience as it is happening and likely to remember much if not all of it when it is over.
Another important concept to remember and I already reference it above in number 2 of this list, but it is so important I will mention it again. It is this: Truly - all answers are within. Your answers will come from within. Your Higher Self, your Divine Aspect, your Soul Self is within you. Or more accurately you, your conscious mind exist within that Higher Aspect. So your Higher Self, is not at all, separate from you. This is a wonderful and empowering idea but one that is difficult to grasp for many, especially since most of us have been programed, since birth, to look for guidance and answers from others!
6. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Don’t have too many caffeine drinks before your session, but don’t go “cold turkey.” You want to be relaxed, but you do not want to be nursing a caffeine withdrawal headache.
7. Eat a light snack or light meal prior to your session and please don’t start our time together being hungry.
8. Dress very comfortably with loose clothing, minimum amounts of jewelry and go easy on the mascara. Tears are very common, they are “release mechanisms” and are most welcome.
9. Practice quieting or stilling your mind as best as possible with meditation or perhaps even quiet time out in nature - where you are not looking at your phone or focusing on work or other obligations. And, practice daydreaming and learning how information uniquely comes to you. Sometimes that is by seeing images, sometimes that is by imaginingimages sometimes it can be just like a movie playing behind your eyelids but this is the exception. Some people hear information in words or voices. Some just know phrases or get packets of information auditorily. Some people just get a strong sense of knowing. Some people feel information emotionally or in their physical body. A rare few smell or taste their answers, but that is a perfectly valid way to receive information as well.
I Can't Be Hypnotized...and Other Hypnosis Myths
I have never been hypnotized, I’m afraid I can’t be hypnotized.
You actually probably spend a good portion of your day in a light trance state! When you are driving a familiar route in your car, riding the train looking out the window, taking a leisurely shower, watching a great movie, reading a book in which you are totally engrossed, all of these things and more are commonly experienced in an alpha brain-wave state, which is considered a light trance.
But I don’t feel hypnotized when I am driving a car!
Have you ever gotten in a car and driven that familiar 20 minute route to a familiar place and it felt more like 5 minutes? This is an indication of a light trance.
Think of the phrase we use, “My mind was a million miles away.” This is a trance state and what we are looking to achieve in hypnosis or in the experience of having a Past Life Regression.
Why would anyone want to have a Past Life Regression anyway?
There are a myriad of reasons to explore your own consciousness in depth. Just a few reasons include health concerns, relationship issues, life path planning, deep spiritual exploration or even to solve some sort of mystery such as missing time, possible ET contact or ancestral mysteries.
What does a regression feel like?
I tell my clients that having a regression is very much like participating in a long, very detailed and involved daydream. When it is over, you may really feel as if you have just returned from an amazing journey, having visited other worlds and lifetimes and, in fact, you will have done just exactly that! This why it is best to have some time to process your experience and give yourself an opportunity to fully return to your regular conscious day-to-day reality before attempting any complex mental tasks or strenuous physical activity. I suggest clearing your day completely for a regression session.
I’ve tried hypnosis before. It didn’t work. The practitioner couldn’t put me under.
Although it may be considered somewhat simplistic to make the following statements they are helpful when discussion regression work and what to expect.
Here is one: ALL hypnosis is self-hypnosis.
You have to genuinely want to have a regression and participate, not so much by trying and effort, but by relaxation and allowing and these two things are vastly different. Trying is more of a thinking state and the allowing is more of a feeling state.
You also have to feel safe and trust your practitioner and yourself to participate. If you have doubts, fears, questions or feel uneasy, you won’t feel comfortable enough to have the experience you might have had.
The second helpful statement is: Hypnosis is not anesthesia.
Forget what you have seen in the movies with swinging watches and what you have might have seen with those who do “stage” hypnosis. Being hypnotized is best described in this way: Your body will feel very relaxed and your mind will feel very focused. Just like that long and involved daydream described above. Outside noises or other normal distractions don’t interfere when you are focused in this way.
I did a regression before, but I just made up a story, so it didn’t really work.
Dolores Cannon, my beautiful teacher, used to say this about that statement. “Well, you ‘made it up’ from somewhere.” Deep within yourself even a “made up” story is created from information that is relevant to you and your life in some way.
One of my own favorite things to say in response is this, “Yes, you made it up. You also “made up” your entire life and God (or Source) made you and all of creation up!”
I’ve come to believe that this aversion to “making it up” is one we have been programmed to avoid since childhood, and we have been programmed very well unfortunately. Sayings like, “Get your head out of the clouds,” and “That was only your imagination,” have done, I believe, a disservice to all humans. The greatest creative power we have is in our imagination and we have been taught to dismiss, ignore and belittle that great force within us.
But I can’t visualize. I can’t see anything. So, I can’t be hypnotized.
Some people, it is true, are highly visual and can easily visualize images or even full-blown moving stories in their mind. Most people can’t do this, and it is not required. Can you “imagine” what the front door of your home looks like right now even without “seeing” an image of it floating in front of you? Congratulations! This is seeing something in “your mind’s eye” or imagining it. Can you imagine what wood smoke from a fire smells like even without one burning in front of you? Can you imagine the taste of a lemon without putting one in your mouth? Of course you can.
Information can come to you in many, many ways. It can come visually, auditorily, in a feeling or sensing state and it can also come by a “knowingness” which is valid, too! Some people have a combination of two or more of these information streams, and some people even have information come to them by smell or taste, but that is more rare.
How can I best prepare for a QHHT (Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique) or past life or any type of regression session?
Practice daydreaming and making up stories in your mind with as much detail as possible. Put your head back in that cloud, in other words, trust yourself and let your mind roam far and free! Relaxation and allowance are the gateway actions to ensure that you have the experience you were meant to have. Imagine away!
Sessions can last 3 - 5 hours. Currently working as a Level 1 Intern.
Please E-Mail me at Mitch@MitchHoover.com to request your free session.